Smart Communications for Education
VoIP Solutions for Schools
Latest Case Studies
We understand how important it is for Schools, Colleges and Universities to have reliable communications and the most cost-efficient calling. Russell Telecom provide IP phone solutions that help the education sector spend their limited recourses better.
Do MORE with LESS for LESS
BT has announced they will shut off their traditional ISDN and PSTN services in 2025. Most organisations have already moved or are in the progress of moving across to IP through SIP lines. This ends the use of analogue and digital telephone exchanges in the UK, with calls and lines moved to internet-based technology.
- SIP calls can be routed to your desktop phone, mobile phone app, PC or Mac Softphone and even Microsoft Teams. Wherever you go, you can take your number with you.
- Manage your own availability though your online portal or app, as you’ll not want to be at work all the time. Calls can be routed to someone else or to voicemail.
- Easily increase/decrease the number of users or add extensions in any location at any time as there is often no need for an engineer to visit.
- Quickly add new staff though mobile apps and easy roll-out of desktop handsets.
- Provide remote based staff or partners with virtual extension numbers, voicemail and mobile apps.
- During emergencies, schools with IP can communicate instantly with students and parents via voice or text messages or central and department message services. This is especially important at larger high school and college campuses where students may be spread out among multiple buildings.
- Internal paging for emergency announcements
- Get help button programmed to raise an alarm though a pre-recorded message.
- Press 1 for pupil absence, press 2 for school admin…etc.- An effective auto attendant will direct your caller to the right person, department or message centre with an intuitive instruction menu.
- Change your greeting anytime and from anywhere and react quickly to situations like closures due to weather.
- Extension numbers offer a faster way for parents and staff to reach the right person as well as effective internal calls.
- Multiple sites connected on a single phone system with one number or different site numbers. You choose the setup that is the most efficient for you.
- Audio conference calling allows large groups of people to participate meetings and eliminates problems of travel and hectic schedules.
- Integration with Teams
- Record all inbound and outgoing calls so you can revisit conversations to get the information you need.
- Calls to UK Landlines and UK Mobiles are free
- Only pay for the features you need
- Keep your existing numbers by porting them to the cloud, no more line rental
- Quick and seamless migration from traditional to VoIP
If your school is ready to make the move to VoIP, we would be happy to setup a meeting to explore the right solution to meet your unique requirements.